Saturday, May 03, 2003

Weekend Market

Up about 8:00, showered, went to a travel agent and got our flight changed from May 17 to June 17. YAY!!!! We have to be out of Thailand by late April (around 26 or 27, I think), so that'll give us about 3 weeks to do Malaysia, then off to Australia.

We then took a bus to the weekend market, a HUGE market that happens every weekend (hence the name). Court was in shopping heaven, they have tons and tons and tons and tons and tons and tons of clothing stores. They have lots of everything else, including souvenirs, household things, live animals (chickens, rabbits, dogs, fish, snakes, lizards), food. The only thing they don't have is electronics (other than watches). Court got 6 shirts for 700 baht, which is just under $21CDN...she would have paid that for one shirt in Canada. She loves it in SE Asia. I bought a new watch! I can tell time again. It's awesome, it's waterproof up to 50 metres, and even has a temperature sensor, so I tell you the temperature. It was hovering around 37 degrees Celcius outside today, in the shade of the shops in the market, it was getting down a cool 36! The internet place I'm in right now, which has A/C is a frigid 33.6 degrees. It's weird, the longer we spend in the very hot weather, the more bearable it gets. Even 37 degrees at the market was fine with me today, previously I would have been sweating about a litre a minute. When we get to Australia, and it's winter and only 15 or 20 degrees, we're gonna wonder where the snow is, it'll feel so cold to us!

After a few hours at the market, we headed back to the guest house, Court tried on her new shirts (she didn't get the chance to at the market...they don't really have change rooms at market stalls), and I read the instructions on my new watch. She laid down, she was tired, and I walked around for a while, about an hour, then at 4:01 (I love having a watch!) I was back at the guest house, Court was sleeping, so I hit the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment