Sunday, May 18, 2003

Off to Koh Tao

I got up about 10:00 and walked to town to get the pictures from the cameras. The full-moon party pictures are AWESOME! I'm so glad I had the camera.

And there's nothing bad or embarassing in them either! I still don't remember taking half of them, but oh well. One has me with another girl (dunno who), I have my arms around her, and we're both smiling for the camera. I have another picture with myself and two very attrctive women standing in front of the Paradise Bungalow's sign, they have their arms around me. I had lots of pictures of Court and I dancing in the bar. Later on in the night, I had decided to take pictures of people doing "strange things" in the sand. I have a couple of pictures of people passed out on the beach. I have another picture of a guy, who I thought was buck naked, laying on top of a girl on the beach. When we got the pictures back, the photo shows he did have light coloured shorts on. I have another picture of a guy sitting on the sand, and a girl with her head between his legs. What I thought I saw happening the night of the party isn't
what the picture shows, her head is down by his feet, and I think she may be barfing.

Full-moon tidbits: (as I remember things from the party, I'll stick them in here)
- when Court, Uta and I got back from the full-moon party, Court wasn't feeling too well, and she went into the washroom to try throw up. All Uta and I heard was dry heaving, and we started laughing, it sounded so funny. Court came out laughing too.

The scuba pictures are very good as well.

We packed, checked out, then went next door and had breakfast and watched the full-moon party videoCD. None of us is in the video.

We caught a songthaew to Koh Tao boat pier, and bought a ticket for the 1:00PM fast boat to Koh Tao. We waited on the pier for half an hour, and got on the boat about 1:00. It's a catamaran, and when it started going, it flew. Very fast boat, and air conditioned inside!

We got to Koh Tao about 2:30. Visisted a scuba place that included accomodations (as most do), but weren't impressed with it, and decided to seek out our own accomodations. We picked up a girl on the boat to Koh Tao, Anna from England. We walked for what seemed like miles with our packs on, in the hot sun, and finally found some huts on the beach (well, 1 minute from beach) at In Touch Bungalows for 300 baht. We checked in, Court and Uta staying in one hut, Ben and I in another, and Anna by herself in a hut. We settled in, got something to drink, checked out Scuba Junction (someone at Rainbow had recommended them to Ben before he left Vietnam), and signed up with them to do our Advanced Open Water course. Anna is also doing her Advanced Open Water course. We got our textbooks, and did homework and had supper, then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment