Wednesday, May 07, 2003

Bowel Movements!

I was up early, about 7:30. Recorded more music to my minidisc, showered, went down and used internet. Courtney came down about 9:30, then we went for breakfast about 10:00, came back to guest house, then headed to the mall (MBK). Hot as Hades again, we took an A/C bus (#79) for a few more baht.

We got to the mall about 11:30 and started in Siam Centre, a high-end shopping mall. Made our way to MBK and started walking around. Went to Chester's Grill for lunch. Later on we had a Blizzard at Dairy Queen. I bought a couple of shirts, Court bought a nice purse for real cheap (for when she gets to Australia), and some panties (I know, you wall wanted to know that).

As we were walking around, we saw these Karaoke Cubicles all over the place, and Courtney remarked that we should do that. So, about 4:00, we went to SF Music City, a section of the mall where everyone can be a star (i.e. huge karaoke section, with dozens and dozens of personal karaoke cubicles), and Court started backing out on the idea. She refused to sing. I eventually convinced her that it'd be fun, and we won't be back here, so let's do it. So, we got some change (it's 10 baht/song), and first we did Backstreet Boys' Show The Meaning of Being Lonely (we did this together), then she did Britney Spears' Sometimes, then I tried to do Michael Jackson's Beat It, but got some Thai song on the screen, so picked Lou Bega, Mambo No. 5. I got it all on video too.

We took the bus back to the guest house, showered, and rested for a while, then met Nigel at 8:00 for supper. He got another buddy of his, Tony from Ireland or Scotland, and we had supper. Tony has a very, very strong accent, it's very hard to understand him, so we just usually nod and laugh when he talks. We then made a date to meet them both at Gullivers at 10:30, because it was Nigels last night in town. He goes back to England tomorrow morning after spending 4 months in SE Asia.

We went to Gullivers (it's a bar/disco), and no Nigel or Tony, so we walked up and down Khao San Road for a while, went back to Gullivers at 11:00, and they were there. The music was really loud, we couldn't talk, so we headed to a open-air restaurant on Khao San road and had a (non-alcoholic) drink, and said goodbye to Nigel at around midnight, and went home.

When we got back to the room, there was a big cockroach running around, Courtney started freaking and demand I get it with toilet paper or something and take it outside. She then suggested trying to catch it in a plast bag, so I tried, but it ran underneath a desk, in the corner. I told Court not to worry about it, cockroaches don't climb up on beds. She made me promise, and I promised her. I couldn't believe she bought it!!! I'm sure then can climb, but I had to say something to her to calm her down about it.

Oh ya, I had a wonderful bowel movement today, after three days of nothing. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeettttt!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment