Saturday, May 24, 2003

Goodbye's

Up about 8:30, I showered and met everyone for breakfast, then about 9:30, everyone said goodbye to Uta, Court cried a little, and then I drove Uta to the pier to catch her 10:30 boat (I still had my motorbike).

Court and Anna went for facial and hair pack, Ben and I went to get his ticket booked for out of here tomorrow, then we got a Thai massage done. I told the masseuse about my sore toe, and she never hurt it the whole time. It was quite a nice massage, much better than the Laos massage we had in Vientiane.

We all had lunch, then Greg took Anna to the pier, Court, Ben and me walked, and we saw Anna off. Court shed a couple of more tears.

We hit the internet for a while, then Ben and I hobbled back to the hut. Ben lost his boat ticket, so he's trying to sort that out. He got it sorted out, they have him their copy.

We went for supper, I bought a shirt, then back to the hut, I showered, Court showered and we (myself, Court, Ben and Greg) hiked to the pier and Court and I got on our boat. Way cool boat! It's a cargo boat, with the upper section having matresses on the floor for people taking the night boat to sleep. It's supposed to reach mainland about 5:30AM.

Boat left about 9:15. Once we hit open water, the seas were very rough, the boat was all over the place. It was a riot! Huge waves crashing into the boat, rocking it, sometimes the boat would come down off a huge wave and jar the boat and everyone else. We went to sleep about 10:00 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment