Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Bad Day!!

I slept crappy last night, the bed is hard. Slept in until about 10:00. At breakfast, I had an omelette, and after eating it, there was the big piece of chocolate cake (Naga Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake to be precise) sitting in the bakery section calling my name. It was 50 baht, but worth every baht!!! I don't think I've ever had chocolate cake for breakfast before!

Anyway, here's my bad day: We went to the beach, I walked down the beach to by a frisbee, and also bought a pair of goggles. I put my change (bills and coins, more than 300 baht) in my back pocket of my swimming trunks and forgot about it. When I was using my new goggles, they broke, then I remembered about my money, checked my back pocket, and all the bills were gone, floating out in the sea somewhere, more than 300 baht worth. That's only about $10 CDN, but still. Oh well. After the beach, when I went to shower, my sunglasses fell off my head and smashed into 2 pieces in the shower. Jeez, eh??? Good thing I had that big piece of chocolate cake earlier to ease all my worries!

Also today, I walked to the townsite (Court didn't want to, she wanted to lay on the beach) to see a 14-metre tall Buddha. 14-metre, my foot. More like 14-feet tall Buddha. Must be a typo. It was only a 15 minute walk, so no biggie. Went back to the beach after that. Big waves in the sea today! Awesome for body surfing, and it's fun to float up and down in the swells as they come to shore.

We showered up and ate supper, played a game of pool, then bought a Sang Som bucket (I think I called it a Sangstrom bucket earlier...Sang Som is the proper booze name) for ourselves (we shared it), played cards on the beach for a while. Then at 10:00, we got another bucket, because earlier in the day, someone had given Court a coupon for a free bucket at the Naga bar. We shared that one too, and when that one was done, we boguht another one. Anyway, it was a late night, and we're pretty tired today. We can't keep that up anymore. No more alcohol!

Oh, yesterday Courtney cut my dreadlocks out. I was getting really annoyed with them. (BTW, mom, they cost me 1200 baht to get put in, about $40 CDN). Because they were glued to my real hair, she had to cut out the glue, which was pretty close to my scalp. Well, let's just say, I have a totally hack job of a haircut now. Court keeps telling me it looks ok, but I know it looks really funny, parts of it are long, other parts are cut right to the scalp, I have holes everywhere. Everyone was making fun of my hair tonight at the bar, referring to Court as the hair hacker of Ko Samet or something like that. We got a picture of my new hairdo, but when we hit Bangkok on Thursday, I'm gonna get my head shaved completely bald. I've always been curious to see what my head looks like anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment