Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Rosemary

Up about 8:30, showered, breakfast, then called Rosemary and made a 1:00 coffee date with her. Went down to Glacier Guides and booked a full day tour for tomorrow. Then went to DOC office for a bit, but then they kicked me out, because they were closing for lunch. Went to internet place at the cafe where I was to meet Rosemary and used internet until she got there. She showed up about 12:50, we got a coffee and a dessert and chatted, I got the story about why she quit and all that. As we sat, two others that she knew joined us, one of them then realized that there was someone else in town that was from Nova Scotia, she works at Franz Josef Glacier Guides.

About 2:15, we walked back to Glacier Guides so I could get some info about how they split the group up tomorrow, and the girl working the desk there was the other Nova Scotia girl, she was from Truro. We then walked to a short hike, but it was cut short because the hike was closed. Walked back to my car and I drove Rosemary back to her place (she lives a few miles from town), and she told me to call her after my glacier tour tomorrow.

I went back to the hostel and did laundry and watched Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring...twice. Lounged in the free spa pool for half an hour or so, then read and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment