Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Tubing

Courtney got up and went for a jog this morning. I was lazy.

While she was out, I got up to have a shower. No hot water at all, the electric water heater doens't work at all now.

Courtey got back from her jog, and she had a cold shower, then we went for breakfast, walked around, I bought some sandals, then back to the guest house. We remarked to the owner/manager/guy who works there that our hot water didn't work, so he came up with us to check it out, and started apoligizing, and said he has another room for us, we can move into it after we go tubing.

So, Court and I rented inner tubes, and floated down the river (dunno the name), which cost is 20,000 kip, which included a tuk-tuk ride up the river. We spent about 2 hours floating (and paddling) our tubes down the river, back to Vang Vieng.

When we got back, we moved into our new room, and guess what? The hot water shower works awesome here! YAY!!! Ahh, it felt so nice.

We got some lunch, then we walked through the market, and I bought a new watch. I went to one place, and asked for a price on a cheapo watch, and he said $30US. I could buy this watch for under $10 in Canada. I told him I'm going to keep looking around, and I'll come back. He wasn't happy to see me walk off (they never are). I hit another place, and found a neat watch, and she started at 30,000 kip ($3US). We bargained to 25,000 kip ($2.50US), much, much better than $30 from the other guy. I wonder how long my Lao watch will last, though. It even has Laos writing on it!

Then we hit the internet, and according to my brand, spanking new watch, it's now 4:12 PM. So, see ya, until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment