Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Bad day...

Court got very, very sick in the middle of the night. Vomitting and severe stomach cramps, and dizziness. Me, Jon and Suzie are all fine, it must have been what she had for supper last night, she got some food poisoning.

I got up and got her a sports drink (Gatorade or Powerade-like stuff), which the Rough Guide says is good for helping to rehydrate your system (along with water). Unfortunately, Court can't keep it down. I feel bad for her, I wish I could do something to make it all go away for her.

I went and had breakfast at a restaurant, ordered a potato omelette. AFter I ordered, two little girls left the restaurant and returned a few minutes later with some potatoes.

As I left to go to the internet to post this, Courtney was still very sick.

I'll report more next time. One of the girls we were on the original boat ride with last week got food poisoning a few days ago, which kept her and her husband in Luang Prabang a lot longer than they had anticipated. Court will be fine, it just has to run it's course.

No comments:

Post a Comment