Saturday, March 08, 2003

Poopy Pants!!

I slept amazing again last night. I woke up about 9:30, got up about 10:00. All the roosters and other commotion doesn't even seem to bother me anymore while I'm sleeping.

Woke up to a cloudy day, not too hot, nice temperature. I think this is the first full cloudy day we've had since we started our trip.

We had breakfast, I had a banana pancake (yumm!!!), and Court had French Toast, then we decided to hike to the cave.

BTW, I'm feeling quite a bit better today, not constipated, and actually ate my whole breakfast, the first full meal I've had since we got to Muang Ngoi.

It was 2000 kip/person to go see the cave. Very cool, an underground stream flows out of the cave, and you can walk/swim up the stream for a long, long time, into the cave. Court and I never did that, we didn't have our swimsuits or anything.

After spending some time at the cave, we walked past the cave, through a bunch of unused rice paddies (they'll probably get re-used in future years), for probably a couple of miles, to a village, and I got mugged by a bunch of children who wanted me to take their picture so they could see themselves. I obliged.

It's a nice cool day for hiking!

After walking back, we had supper, lounged around the guest house for a while, then met up with a bunch of people at a restaurant later on. Court was very tired, so went to bed about 9:15, I stayed up and went to the campfire with the group, until about 11:00.

Remember Sarah (also Canadian) was so drunk, she couldn't stand up anymore. I had to walk her home (she was at the same guest house that Court and I were at).

I bought a new pair of flip-flops from a store on Muang Ngoi today too. My other ones were starting to wear. The new ones only cost me 80 cents US!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment