Tuesday, March 04, 2003

Later on this day...

With Court tied up being sickly, I walked to the night market area and used the internet and exchanged some baht into kip. We had exhausted all our baht paying for the trek, picked up some oranges for Court (she was craving them, and figured she could stomach them), and walked back to the guest house. When I got back, I fed a couple of oranges to Courtney.

I then went out to get some lunch for myself, and ran into Guy outside our guest house. I told him about Courtney, and he says he has something for her, it's a medication that will kill the parasites. It's designed for Westerners who get food poisoning in SE Asia, very effective, and cheap, so off he goes to the pharmacy to get them, and he comes back a few minutes later with 20 pills, $3US total. He got more, because we'll probably need them in the future as well, it's nice to have them just in case. I went up to the room and gave a couple of them to Courtney. Guy says she'll feel better in no time. The name of the drug is Lopil.

After tending to Court, I went for lunch, then came back to the guest house and sat outside on the balcony and read a book until it got dark (about 6:15), then lied down for a while (I was tired, up a lot of the night before concerned for Court). About 8:00, I got some supper, then came back to the guest house and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment