Saturday, January 03, 2004

Tijuana Pub Crawl!!

Up about 10:00, slept horrible. A guy in the room snored loudly all night, and the stupid smoke detector chirps every 30 seconds or so.

Walked to Balboa Park, a large park area about 20 minutes walk from the hostel, and also where the San Diego Zoo is. Never did find the zoo, though. I plan on going another day.

Back to the hostel, stopping for something to eat, then decided to do a harbour cruise, got down to the harbour about 1:35, and got on the 1:45 2-hour cruise.

On the cruise, we saw lots and lots of Navy ships, including the USS Nimitz, I think the largest aircraft carrier in the world (or in the US forces). San Diego has the largest naval base in the Pacific, and it's the second largest in the U.S. (Norfolk, Virginia is the largest). It was a good cruise, enjoyed it.

Back to the hostel, called Northwest Airlines to change my flight to Thursday, Jan. 8, then to Subway for supper, then tried to sleep for a couple of hours before the pub crawl.

Didn't sleep got up about 8:00, showered, and got ready for the bar. 20 (or so) of us walked to the trolley station near the hostel and caught the trolley to the Mexico border, walked across to Mexico. There is NO Mexican customs or immigration at all, you simply walk into the Mexico, no passport control, nothing!!! Too bizarre. I was hoping to get a Mexican stamp in my passport! Once in Mexico (the city of Tijuana), we all hopped in four cabs and cabbed our way to Safari's, the club.

WOW!! All the American college kids to young to club in San Diego come down to Tijuana to party and drink. The drinking age is only 18 in Tijuana, it's 21 in US. Lots of short, short skirts, skimpy outfits, tons of hot chicks, all grinding on the dance floor. It's like one big orgy!!! They have an elevated platform for girls to "dance", and they were up there, shaking their asses, pulling down their pants to show off their g-strings and asses too all the guys gawking on the dance floor below.

Later on, saw this one guy, he had two chicks at once, and, ummm, how can I put this, well, his pants were down around his thighs, and while he was making out with one girl, the other was working "down there". Hahahaha!

I've never seen anything quite like it. And I had a blast!!!

Most of us left about 4:30AM, but lost a few of the hostel people in the bar. The ones we had, went up to another pub for a short stint, a few minutes, then we all shuffled outside and cabbed it back to the border crossing, and walked through US customs and immigration. My turn, I walked up the official, handed him my passport, and he looked through it, and he wasn't very friendly, and said, "Where's your visa waiver bill?" Visa Waiver Bill??? I said, "Didn't know I needed one." He handed me my passport back, and said something like, "Get the hell outta here." Very rude! And why in the world do I need a visa waiver bill???? I'm a frickin Canadian!

We all caught the 5:00AM trolley back to downtown, a 45 minute trolley ride, and then to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment