Thursday, January 01, 2004

Happy New Year!!!!

Got up about noon, I think. Wasn't feeling to hot, I think I might have partied a little too hard last night.

After I showered and dressed, took the subway to Pasadena to check out the Tournament of Roses Post Parade Showcase of Floats (there's a mouthful). They were showing off all 48 floats that were in the famous New Years parade. Got there about 3:20, spent an hour checking out the floats (most absoultely amazing). As I was walking around, I had the song "Little Old Lady from Pasadena" in my head (cus I was in Pasadena), and chuckled to myself that it'd be funny if someone did a Little Old Lady from Pasadena float. Sure enough, there was one!! It's a granny in a hot rod car, surf boards in the back, heading to the beach. It was excellent.

Headed back to the hostel, it took the trains 1 hour 20 minutes to get me from Pasadena to Hollywood.

Back in Hollywood, had supper in a pizza by the slice shop, then internet, then back to hostel, did laundry, wrote in journal. Glanced through my passport, I only have three blank pages left in my passport!

Went up to the hostel bar about 10:00, it was open mike night, where they operate on a guy named Mike, live in the hostel bar. Actually, not. A chick from Iowa was playing guitar and singing. Excellent stuff. To bed about 10:30.

After spending the last 11.5 months in a humid climate, I'm not used to being back in a dry environment. My lips are all dried out and chapped ever since I got back to North America. I hate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment