Friday, January 02, 2004

San Diego

Up at 6:45, had breakfast, checked out and walked to the Greyhound bus statino for my 7:50 bus to San Diego. Rained on me the whole walk to the bus station.

I had to change buses in downtown Los Angeles, with over an hour wait.

Got on the bus to San Diego, left at 9:30. Got to San Diego about noon, and walked to the hostel. Downtown San Diego is NICE! Very modern, clean, and very compact, easy to walk around. San Diego is much nicer than LA. The hostel is much nicer than the one in Hollywood too.

After checking in, I showered, ate at a restaurant, walked around downtown for the afternoon, along the waterfront, saw the oldest ship still sailing the waters, Heart of India, built in 1841 (?). They also have the ship from the movie Master and Commander there, the HMS Surprise! Just saw that movie a few days ago!

AFter walking around, went to the internet, then back to the hostel. The hostel is putting on a Tijuana pub crawl tomorrow night, I was the first person to sign up. The told me that they usually come back about 7:00AM. I also ran into Nick, from Chile, who I met in the Hollywood hostel. We went to Hooters for a beer and food, then back to the hostel, and to bed about 10:20. Big night tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment