Monday, January 05, 2004

SeaWorld

Up at 8:45, showered, had breakfast, met Megan and Chloe, from the hostel in Hollywood in the kitchen, they arrived late last night, and then said goodbye to Anita, she's heading home to Germany on Sunday, after travelling for one year. And she's depressed about it too, just like me! Megan (Aussie), Chloe (English) and I headed to the Greyhound bus terminal so I could change my ticket to go back to LA on Wednesday instead of Friday, and also so Megan could pick up some cash from Western Union (she ran out, her mom had to wire some to her). She realized on the way there she forget her passport, so she went back to hostel, I went in to deal with my ticket, and told the ticket lady I had a ticket to go back on Friday, and wanted to go back on Wednesday instead, and she simply said, "Just Do It". I don't have to change tickets, just show up on Wednesay and check in, my ticket will be good for it.

We waited for Chloe, and it took her a long time, she finally got back, she lost her passport (she even had it at the hostel earlier this morning). Anyway, her and Megan went to deal with that, and I headed to SeaWorld. Met an Aussie couple at the trolley station heading to SeaWorld as well, they happen to be staying at the same hostel too, we just never ran into each other there yet. We took the trolley, then transferred to a bus to get to SeaWorld, and cost about $47.00 to get in.

SeaWorld was great. Saw a bunch of different shows. "Fools With Tools", two trained sea lions, Clyde and Seamore, and a trained otter doing tricks and stuff. It was awesome and quite funny. Probably the best show at SeaWorld. Then we went to R. L. Stine's Lighthouse 4-D, a 3-D movie with moving seats and water being dumped and sprayed on you during the movie. Similar to Universal Studios. Then me and the Aussie couple split up, I went to get food and walked around the grounds looking at all the displays and seeing the other shows. "Pets Rule!", a show with lots of trained dogs and cats. "Dolphin Discovery", an excellent (and wet!) show with a bunch of dolphins and a HUGE pilot whale. Most excellent. At this show, one of the "tricks" the dolphins and whale does is use their rear fin to splash the audience with water. I thought I was sitting far enough back, so got my camera to my eye to take a picture of everyone else getting sparyed as the HUGE tail fin of the pilot whale through a mass of water at them. Guess what? I got completely drenched with salt water too. I do have a great picture of a wall of water coming at me, though! Fortunately my camera still worked, even after the wave of salt water engulfed it! Also saw "The Shamu Adventure", trained killer whales doing amazing things.

Overall SeaWorld was awesome. I enjoyed it. Very glad I went.

At 5:00, met the Aussie couple at the bus stop, and we caught bus and trolley back to town, went back to the hostel, then we went out for supper (steak!), then we went to an ice cream parlour for a great ice cream sundae's, then went back to the hostel and had a HUGE crap, wrote in journal, walked around downtown a bit, sat and watched people skating at the ice skating rink at the mall, ran into the Aussie couple there, then we walked back to the hostel and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment