Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Stuff

Well, well, well, haven't updated in a while. As I mentioned, I'm not going to update every day, just once in a while.

So, what have I been up to? Well, Court and the girls got back from their ski trip all in one piece. Unfortunately, Court's glasses came back in two pieces (yes, she smashed them up, and had to tape them together). They had a blast.

I've been in Sydney less than two weeks, and have already spent over $900!!! It's expensive here. I crave for the days of SE Asia. :-) I've been watching my money a lot more closely here.

Got my resume all done up and have been applying for jobs the last few days. Nothing yet, did a one PFO via e-mail, and a few minutes ago, another company that I applied for earlier this morning called me on my mobile and told me PFO over the phone. Hahaha!! They're so polite here, they'll do it in person!

Last Sunday I went to the Consumer Electronics and Entertainment (CEE) show at Fox Studios. Of course, they had all kinds of gadgets and gizmos that I can't afford. Fox Studios is pretty neat, very much a place designed for kids, with playgrounds, an ice skating arean, a huge multi-storey kids land, petting zoo. There's a market there selling everything, and lots and lots of shops selling everything from ice cream to expensive clothes, jewellry to electronics. Kind of a neat place. When I was there, Fox was doing a live sports broadcast from one of the bars there, which was kind of neat to see.

On Monday, I went to the Royal Botanical Gardens. It's pretty much a huge park, with all kinds of greenery from Australia and around the world. Unlike most botanical gardens around the world, this one is free to get in. It's very, very nice and relaxing, and huge. It runs along the waterfront too. They have a resident colony of flying foxes (which are big-ass bats, as big a as a cat, and they have wings and fly around the park). They were really cool. They are destroying the trees in the gardens, though, but the bats are a protected species, so the they can't do anything about it.

Other than that, haven't done much of anything else. Just sit around the hostel, eat, watch tv, read, whatever.

I'm getting sick of hostel living. You can get apartments here for the same price as you pay for living in a hostel. Also, you can get shared accomodations in apartments or houses, with a few other people for the same as hostels. I'm going to start seeking out things like that, because I want to have a place to put my clothes, instead of in a big pile on my backpack. http://www.sleepingwiththeenemy.com is a good example of the shared accomodations idea.

Hmm, I guess that's all I have to say for now, so until next time.

Oh, those of you at city hall (especially Assessment) will be interested in this. Got an e-mail from Kristin Cleniuk, she is coming over to Australia in the fall to travel with us. Her and her friend are going to travel Indonesia for a month or so before coming to Australia, so I'm going to try to meet up with them in Indonesia for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment