Monday, June 09, 2003

Four Greatest Things, cont'd.

Didn't tell you about the four greatest things, the subject of my last journal entry. The four greatest things are four things that are more wonderful than anything else in the entire world. And something that I took for granted before travelling, and am now enjoying, once again:
1. Food - It's really nice to out of "rice country". And to have decent food and drink (i.e. goooooood milk, meat, etc.)
2. Sleep - settling down, I can sleep in as much as I want!! And it's nice and cool here, and that makes sleeping much nicer!!!
3. Hot Showers - oooooooohhhh, this is wonderful! There seems to be an endless supply of hot water at the hostel, I can stand in the shower for hours!!!
4. A Good Cup Of Tea - well, this is one thing that I did enjoy through SE Asia, but it's still nice to have it here as well.

Anyway, I go tup about 9:30, showered, had breakfast, Court and I walked downtown to get a sim card for her mobile. Anna gave Court her old mobile from England, because Anna doesn't use it anymore, as she has a new one. We got the sim card, then shopped a bit, and Court bought a nice winter jacket.

We got back about 11:30, Court met James at noon and spent the day with him. James was an exchange student that came over from Australia to Moose Jaw and went to Court's high school for a semester. They became good friends, and stayed in touch ever since, about 6 years ago!

I did some job hunting and stuff.

I bought some more groceries, had a late lunch, then watched some Aussie Rules Football (great stuff!!!) on the TV, then at 5:00, called Anna. Anna and her sister and going to pick me up about 6:30 or 7:00 and go to their friends place, Louise.

Walked around Kings Cross for a while, then waited for Anna and Caroline (they're sisters), they came about 7:00, we walked to Paddington area, where Louise lives, then went to a lounge/bar in the area, had a drink, then Louise drove us home in her brand new Mini. Nice car. I hit McDonalds before going back to the hostel. I got to bed about 11:00.

No comments:

Post a Comment