Friday, March 25, 2005

Off to India

Hey everyone.

I woke up Friday morning, Lisa and Randy picked me up at 10:00am and drove me to the airport. Checked my baggage, then we sat around the airport and Courtney came to see me off as well.

The flight to Toronto was uneventful. Toronto airport is boring. There's nothing to do. Not too many shops. Weird. Sat around for 4+ hours waiting for my flight to Delhi. You have to take a bus to the international terminal at the Toronto airport, as we were getting off the bus, there was an old Indian lady (India Indian, not Native Indian) getting off the bus, but there was a big step down the curb, so I gave her my hand, she was quite pleased and happy for the help. It was the least I could do, I was heading to her country.

Flight from Toronto to Delhi was uneventful. I got two seats by myself. There was a handful of backpackers on the plane. A girl from Chicago, Wendy, was sitting in the middle seats, and she had all four seats to herself, she got to sleep across all four seats for the flight. Lucky. As we were getting close to India, we were flying over humoungous thunder storms, I could see the lightning in the clouds from above. It was pretty neat.

14 hour flight to Delhi. It wasn't that bad a flight, actually.

Once at the airport, we (Wendy and I) headed through customs and immigration, picked up our baggage, then headed out of the airport. I found my ride (guy holding a sign with my hotel name and my name on it), and Wendy found her friend that was there waiting for her.

There was another couple from Belgium also heading my hotel, but we couldn't share the same cab, he (cab dude) made me take a different cab...so everyone gets their share of the money.

Delhi was crazy...traffic was fairly typical of large Asian cities, except for the cows all over the streets. Insane.

I checked in and went to bed.

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment