Thursday, April 03, 2003

Return of Beach Bums!

Woke up early, about 5:30, all three of us. At 6:00AM, a knowck on the door. We all looked at each other, wondering who would be knocking on our door at 6:00AM. So I go and answer it. It's Matti, the Australian guy. He tells me he's locked himself out of his room. I stand there, somewhat confused, wondering why that's my problem, and how I can do anything about it, then I suggest he goes to reception and get them to open it up. He says, no they don't have another key. I'm don't know what to say or do, so I ask him if he wants to come in for a couple of minutes, and he says "No thanks, that's ok mate. Thanks." and walks away. Me, Court and Dana think Matti is pretty strange anyway. He's nice and all, but too much drinking!

We all try to get back asleep, I sleep until about 8:30 or so. We had breakfast, and went to the beach about 12:30, but stayed out of the sun. At the beach, they have beach chairs all lined up, under shade, and it costs 10,000 dong to use a chair. However, if you buy some food from the corresponding restaurant, the chair is free, so I bought some french fries so I could have the chair for free (and I was hungry anyway).

On the way to the beach, Court bought a new black bikini for only $3US. Cheap, she says!

We got back from the beach about 4:00, then went for supper about 6:00, then walked around Hoi An for a while. For supper, Court and I tried some Hoi An specialties, Cau Lau and White Rose. White Rose is some sort of seafood (shrimp?) wrapped in rice paper. It was actually very tasty. The Cau Lau is something else, I don't know what, and it was good too. They are only available in Hoi An, I guess.

About 8:00, had a couple of drinks, and ran into Martin and Louis. Louis was playing pool, so Martin sat with us, and then the three of us walked around for a while, then got home about 10:00.

Dana took the night bus to Nha Trang today, so it's just the two of us in the room now. Court and I booked the night bus to Nha Trang for tomorrow.

While we were at the restaurant/bar having a drink, one of the kids selling postcards was trying to sell to Court, and Court told him she didn't want to buy any, but buy later. So, this kid, eager to make a sale, makes a date with Court to be at the same restaurant/bar at 2:00 tomorrow afternoon, so Court can buy some postcards. After the kid leaves, Courtney makes a remark that she has to avoid that kid tomorrow, and to make sure she's not around at 2:00. I start teasing Courtney, telling her she's going to hell, and telling her I'm gonna drag her to the restaurant at 2:00.

One time, someone told one of the kids she had no money to buy anything, the kid retored, humourously, "No money, no honey, no boyfriend, no babies." The kids are funny!

Where Courtney bought the bikini, the guy in the store said he figured it was about 35 degrees outside. It was WAY hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment