Wednesday, April 16, 2003

Ho Chi Minh City

Up about 9:30, very hot, and we have no A/C. About 10:30, we walked to a market and bought a bunch of clothes. I got a CK shirt (very nice one), cargo pants and some 3/4 length pants. Court bought a bunch of shirts. On the way back to the hotel, I bought a few CD's, then we went back and dropped everything off at the room, and then went for breakfast/lunch, then walked to another market with lots and lots of electronics. I so wanna buy a new CD player, but Courtney won't let me, because they're all cheap Chinese electronics. I hate it when women are so practical.

Then we went to the War Remnants Museum, it had been suggested by many people. Very interesting, and quite disturbing. You need a strong stomach to see some of the stuff in this museum. Lots of information on the war that perhaps you wouldn't get from the American/Western sources, American brutality, effects of Agent Orange and Napalm on the countryside and lasting effects of the population, and they had lots and lots of artifacts and pictures from the war. Court was quite disturbed, to the point of being a little sick in the stomach.

Back to the hotel, I went in search of a new journal and a marker. My old journal is full. Found a fast food joint (with a drive through!). I went in and had a strawberry sundae. It's called Jollisomethingorother. Finally found a new journal and a marker at an office supply-type of store...hard to find here!

I went back to the hotel, and Court was gone, so I hung around, showered, and when she got back, we went for supper. AFter supper, we met up with a girl we met on the Halong Bay tour, and we went out with them for a while, played some pool, and had a good time. Got home about 1:00AM.

No comments:

Post a Comment