Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Around Sihanoukville

Up about 9:00AM, showered and went for breakfast. About 10:00, we rented a motorbike ($3US) and then hit an internet, and then took the motorbike downtown to Seeing Hands Massage, a massage where all the masseures and masseuses are blind. Courts neck, which she hurt somehow while diving, is still stiff and sore, a week and a half later. She got a 1 hour massage ($3US), so I took the motorbike to check out Sokha Beach and Occheutal Beach. Sokha Beach is nothing special, except it's deserted of tourists, only a few locals bathing or fishing. Ochheutal Beach is LONG and has some higher end hotels, and a nice beach area, but we still haven't found a beach as nice as Koh Lanta.

I picked up Court, took her to Ochheutal Beach, then we headed back to our guest house area to have lunch at Rose's Cafe (good food, HUGE portions). After lunch, relaxed in our room for a while, then went for a spin around Sihanoukville. Courtney tried driving for a while, where the road was not busy.

I decided to get a haircut, so we headed to town, found a barber shop (they're all over the place in SE Asia...even a chair on a sidewalk, with a mirror hung on a tree!), and I got a very good hair cut. A little shorter than what I wanted, but still fine. It was getting long, I needed it.

We also booked our ticket out of here for tomorrow, back to Phnom Penh.

We headed back to the guest house and Court rested, I went to internet again. Earlier today, when I was at the internet, I was typing in my journal entry, got mostly done, then the computer flashed and locked up solid. I have up, and left. So, I went back to the internet now, and got my journal typed in, and went to update it, and the internet was down. DNS errors. Fortunately, I had copied and pasted what I had typed in into a notepad document, and saved it on the C drive, so I can come back later and just copy and paste it back into LiveJournal.

We went for supper and as we were sitting there, who comes walking up, but Sapir. While he's waiting for his Vietnamese visa, he came back to Sihanoukville.

Big thunderstorm rolled in while we were sitting in the restaurant.

After the storm, we went back to the G.H., and met Sapir at 8:00 to go to Chiva Shack, a beach bar on Ochheutal Beach with fire swinging. The 3 of us piled on to our rented motorbike, I drove. Both Court and I did poi swinging, with them in fire!!!! Our first time!! And we didn't even light ourselves on fire.

We got back to the guest house about 12:30, and it was all locked up. There was enough room for a person to squeeze in, but not for a motorbike, so I had to leave our motorbike at Sapir's guest house for the night.


Most cloudy today, but still flippin' hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment