Thursday, May 30, 2013

Laguna de Apoyo

Got up and had breakfast. Packed and checked out and got the shuttle to Laguna de Apoyo, Paradiso Hostal. A crater lake, Laguna de Apoyo is clean and a very comfortable temperature. Paradiso Hostel is a nice place too.

I went for a swim in the lake, had a beer at the lakefront lounge and had lunch. We talked with a German girl for a while.

Very relaxing here. They have kayaks, but dad and me are going to take them out early tomorrow morning instead, when most of the animals will be active. Lots of bird life here!

Did lots of reading. I think dad may have been a bit bored, as he had nothing to waste away his time, except his computer. But I think he still enjoyed the quiet and solitude.

There was a small shower this afternoon.

We had burgers for supper, very good burgers. I love the third world french fries as well, Canadian french fry makers don't hold a candle to them. In third world countries, they don't try to do anything special or fancy with them (i.e. spices).

With nothing to do and the rest of the guests having appeard to disappear from the hostel, dad went to bed early, like 8:00 or 8:30 I think. I stayed up reading until after 10:00pm before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment