Saturday, May 18, 2013

Butterflies and pools

Up around 7:00am. It's hard to sleep late in the heat and when you're going to bed at 9:00pm every night. It seems much warmer this morning.

In third world countries you can't generally put toilet paper in the toilet, it has to go into a basket beside the toilet. During his morning routine (after I'd done my morning business), dad dropped his toothpaste into the poopy toilet paper bin. Haha.

Met up with Theresa for breakfast, and then dad and I walked to the butterfly house (Enchanted Wings). It was a bit underwhelming compared to other butterfly enclosures I've been too.

After that, headed to the tour operator to book the ranch trip with Finco el Cisne. We have to go on Monday, so another day in Copan Ruinas is fine.

We had a pineapple orange shake at ViaVia restaurant, then I went shopping at some of the street vendors. I bought a big bag of amazing plums for 20 lempira, about $1 CDN!

Dad had an afternoon nap, falling asleep in a hammock on the rooftop of our hotel, snoring really loudly. The girl (8 years old or so) who lives in the house came up and was laughing at him and his snoring, it was pretty funny.

Mid afternoon we went for lunch. I had a massive plate of chicken alfredo pasta. Back to the hotel and we went to the rooftop pool along with a couple of other backpackers, a girl from England and a guy from Australia. They have both been travelling for about 9 months, with a few more months to go. Makes me jealous!

Around 7:00pm, we went back to ViaVia, dad had supper and I had a brownie and ice cream as we listened to Duane play guitar and sing. Duane was the Canadian guy who's now operating the Genesis Art Centre for Honduran children.

Back to the room and went to bed about 10:30.

2 comments: