Thursday, September 17, 2009

Galapagos Day 3

Lisa and Kirsty were up all night, sick. Both diahrrea and Kirsty was throwing up. I had to listen to it all. I didn't get that much sleep. They figure it was the shrimp they had from the restaurant last night. I had the beef, and I was fine.We checked out of the hostal, left our bags at reception until we could board the boat. Lisa and Kirsty just went to the park in front of the pier and laid out on the benches there, unable to move much. I walked around town, used internet and bought a picture book of animals of the Galapagos. Lisa and Kirsty are not in a good way right now!At noon, me and Kirsty went back to the hostal to get our bags. Lisa was too sick to move, so I had to carry her bag and mine down to the pier. We got on our boat (Guantanamera), Lisa and Kirsty sat at the tables on the upper deck, their heads on the tables. I explored the boat a bit, got things organized in my room, then went back upstairs, and both of them are sprawled out on the floor now. They moved to the sun chairs at the front of the boat, they were more comfortable to be sick on.From noon to 2:00, other passengers boarded.At 2:30, we took a bus to the highlands of Santa Cruz, to Rancho Mariposa, to see lava tubes and huge tortoises. (Incidentally, tortoises are on land, turtles are in the sea.)Back to the boat for supper, then around 6:30, a bunch of us went to town to rent snorkel equipment for the trip and then to the pub. It's cheaper to rent snorkel equipment in town than on the boat. After the highlands tour, Lisa and Kirsty retreated to their room, and were not seen after that.There are two older American ladies on the cruise. They're religious, they were here on a mission, helping to put a roof on a church in some remove village or something. I found it ironic that these two women, very religious, presumably creationists (God created everything) are doing a tour of the Galapagos, where the theory of evolution is firmly rooted.There's also a French guy (Rafael). At supper, I was a the table with the two older American ladies and Rafael and Mehmed (Swiss guy), and we were talking, and Rafael was swearing periodically as he was talking. The looks on the two religous ladies faces was awesome, I think they were shocked.At 11:00pm, the boat left port for Rabodi Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment