Thursday, November 01, 2018

Madrid Day 4

Last night was noisy. There were partiers out until like 4:00am. Hopefully this is not a regular occurrence, but halloween partiers. I slept ok, but Tracy didn't sleep at all, until all the noise died down after 4:00am, she said. I thought I set my alarm for 7:30, so we could get up in plenty of time for our day trip to Toledo. But Tracy woke me up at 7:45. That still gave us plenty of time, so it's a good thing Tracy was on the ball there. Apparently I didn't set my alarm at all.

We had breakfast and headed to the Neptune fountain for our pickup. It was about a 50 minute drive to Toledo, and we had a tour of a city with a lot of history, starting back in the year 900 or so. It has Jewish, Muslim and Christian roots, having being ruled and conquered by each at various times throughout recorded history. It's also one of the new cities in Spain that has a Jewish quarter.

We also had a wine and tapas tasting. I'm not a wine fan, but Tracy is. Unfortunately it was not at a vineyard (which is actually what we wanted), but it was still ok.

The tour lasted all day, and we got back to Madrid around 7:00, and went to a rather crappy Irish pub for supper, then back to the hostel and to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment