Monday, April 18, 2011

Off to Singapore

Mavis took me to the airport.  I took the C-Train to Lions Park Station, and where she picked me up.

It was a direct flight from Calgary to Tokyo, and was very uneventful and arrived in Tokyo on time.  As we were flying down the coast of Japan, I wondered if I was getting a higher dose of radiation than normal.

I had a 3 hour layover in Tokyo.  Narita Airport is BIG, so I spent a lot of that time walking around it.

My flight from Tokyo to Singapore was United Airlines.  I wasn't expecting much, and they didn't disappoint.  Hey, United, 2001 called, they want their little 4", lo-res LCD screens back!  And, for business fliers only, they advertise a "Personal Video Tape System".  Tape?  Really?  Oh, and one of the announcements before we took off: "For security reasons, passengers are not allowed to congregate around the washrooms on the plane."  One cool thing they have on offer is the ability to listen in on all tower communications.  It was interesting to listen in all the planes and towers communicating. The plane was about 25% full.

During the flight, a curious thing, the planes flight plan showed it flying right over Taiwan.  But, when we reached the northern tip of Taiwan, the plan made a sudden course change and veered down the east side of the island.

Landed in Singapore about 11:50pm, got through customs and got my bag and Jen was there waiting for me.  She was waiting for 2+ hours at the airport.  The Beesy Bus dude was there waiting for us, so after grabbing some money at an ATM, he took us too the Betel Box Hostel.

The hostel was very busy, and we had to wait for him to get to us, finally we got checked in and probably got to bed around 2:00am.

Long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment